Inmarsat BGAN Satellite Transition to Alphasat10 March, 2015
On March 24th 2015, Inmarsat will transition all BGAN services from the I-4 F2 Satellite to the new Alphasat satellite. This will have two benefits:
• The services capacity will be enhanced with the new satellite.
• With an additional satellite a fourth region of services will be created before the end of 2015 by Inmarsat. This new region will include the Middle East and Asia
Please note that the following actions may be required.
• It’s recommended to all user to upgrade their BGAN Launchpad to the last version available. (You may find it in our website – Click Here)
• All land terminals (M2M included) that actually access Inmarsat services I4-F2 in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal will need to repoint their antennas towards the AsiaPac satellite prior to 24 March 2015
• All land terminals (M2M included) that actually access Inmarsat services I4-F2 in Brazil will need to repoint their antennas towards the Americas satellite prior to 24 March 2015
BGAN Coverage Map before transition:
BGAN Coverage map from March 24th 2015: