The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on humanitarian operations. With travel restrictions affecting staff rotation, remote missions have become increasingly dependent on connectivity as a major channel for communication, reporting, and training. Recognising the importance of this topic in the current reality, the World Humanitarian Forum in partnership with IEC Telecom, will be hosting a webinar titled, “Connectivity as a Key to Humanitarian Response” on August 27th, 2020 at 2 pm (BST)/ 5pm (GST).
MODERATOR: Elson Sutanto, WHF TECH4GOOD WG MEMBER
- Nabil Ben Soussia, CEO Asia, Middle East & CIS, IEC Telecom Group.
- Hani Shannak, Senior ICT Advisor, Partnerships and Humanitarian Response, Division of ICT, UNICEF.
- Jassem Nasser, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Thuraya Telecommunications Company.
- Hamed Munther Odeh, Associate VP – Strategic Global Business Development, YahClick
AREAS OF DISCUSSION:
- What can connectivity do to advance humanitarian responses?
- What challenges will the current pandemic bring?
- How will issues of connectivity be shaped by the new norm of working from home?
We will address these concerns in the upcoming edition of the WHF webinar. Join the discussion! You may suggest your questions in advance via the registration form.